Saturday, February 7, 2009

SingSoc bbq

Todae's bbq went relatively well.
We started off by meeting at bukit panjang plaza to get our bbq stuff. I bought my favourite onigiri for lunch =P we were actually quite fast when it comes to choosing the stuff needed for the bbq. I think it's probably cos we din need much ingredients for the simple aussie style bbq.
Shopping was done relatively quick. Den we met up with the late few before gg to faezah's place to prepare the ingredients.

I practised peeling carrots =) Next time i can prepare salads myself alreadi!
The rest of the ingredients were all sausages and stuff so we just needed to get them out from the fridge.

Then on our way there to SAFRA toa payoh, it freaking started to rain. Rain on a BBQ dae!! omgosh!!! I was hoping the rain will become smaller. It started pouring when we reached our pit. well the rainpour didn't last long and we began setting up the fire after attempting to dry the bbq pit. It's my first time setting up the fire independently without the help from girl guides or adults =)) An achievement eh...

The fire took some time to burn well so we took really long to cook the food. I wonder whether everyone had their fill? It's just a small aussie style bbq gathering. I hope everyone had at least a taste yea. I didn't eat much because after bbq-ing so much, i didn't feel like touching any of those sausages already. I was so busy being the charcoal woman, and bbq staff, that i actually didn't interact with anyone =( but oh well... there are other events and we'll see them soon.

BBQ ended quite smoothly with a few hiccups along the way. yesh! can't wait to see the first yrs in melb!