Saturday, July 10, 2010

new update!!

Haven't updated this blog in ages! late by a few months XD

I can't exactly recall what I did our these few months... all I remembered was, I was so busy with all the assignments and placements. Not like I don't have time for other stuff... just that i tend to dedicate more time to the assignments and exams.

Placements were awesome. I had a placement in acute care. It's a general surgical ward so i got to learn various nursing skills. I enjoyed that a lot. Then, I had a placement in a rehab ward for gerontics. Not my type of nursing work but it's really nice seeing those elderly recovering from their major surgeries.

During the first semester, I didn't really do much travelling. My sources of relaxation came from dramas, tv shows, internet surfing and occasional hangouts in the city with others. It's only during Easter weekend when I went to the Sovereign Hill Gold Mine in Ballarat. It's a nice educational place and I got to see gold mined and processed! ohhhhh.... the sight of the shining gold is sooo wonderful. How I wish it was mine!

Went ice-skating twice as well! I'm not really good at it i guess... cos i'm afraid of falling so i kept walking instead of skating ><

Anyway, assignments and exams are all done! Was a stressful period because I had to achieve a minimum grade to get into the Honours program. Hopefully, I can meet the requirements especially when I'm not really good with essays.

Also, I had plenty of problems with my Honours program other than meeting the grade requirements >< The Honours program is no longer a full-time one year program. It's only offered as a part-time program spanning 2 years. That means, I can't really enrol in that since Visa requirements state that I need to enrol in a full time course. Plus, i don't wanna waste 2 years in a part-time program while being unable to work and gain experience. Then again, I don't think i'm allowed to work. Arghhh... all the complications have been stressful for me and I tried liaising with all admin people for help and advice. Not getting a conclusion at the moment...unsure of my future at the moment =( I hope something can be worked out eventually...

During this stressful period, I picked up a new hobby! that's baking and making desserts! Well, just the simple stuff, not too complicated. Enjoyed experimenting with flour, sugar and butter and baking lots of stuff which i distributed to everyone else eventually. I baked...muffins, crumbles, pies and made cheesecake, jelly, longan drink and experimented with different kinds of salads.ok...shall update on my sydney trip another time!