Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My latest obsessions..

I forgot to add one more reason to my love for Mondays...
Dong Yi's new episode of the week is uploaded on Monday!
One reason to like Tuesday...Dong Yi's 2nd episode of the week is uploaded on Tuesday!

Yes!! i'm so obsessed with watching Dong Yi that I got my mum to download and install PPS - over skype - so that she get to watch Dong Yi as well. I know she'll like it =D Dong Yi is something like Dae Jang Geum but I think that it's much more draggy than Dae Jang Geum. It has a more modern feel in terms of the language and tone used. As usual, there'll be a few comical characters to lighten the mood of the show. One of them is Lee Kwang-su...who's also co-hosting the variety show "Running Man", mainly hosted by Yoo Jaesuk. I watched the first episode with Lee Hyori and it was damn funny. Anyway, I thought Lee KwangSu really portrayed his comical character well in the Dong Yi show where they kept making fun of his height. Then there's Han Hyo Joo who's portraying "Dong Yi", the main character in the same-name show. Not a big fan of her but am still able to accept her. She's pretty versatile, but I'd love to see her in a mean character. Then, there's Ji Jin Hee, who's the emperor in the show. He acted in Dae Jang Geum as well, as the officer in love with Jang Geum. His character, as the emperor, is soooo different that i'm not getting used to it =( I preferred his stern outlook in Dae Jang Geum.


My next obsession is...watching America's next top model!! Couldn't find another drama to start on especially when i'm still on Dong Yi (and waiting...) and Baker King is still being broadcasted and hasn't ended. Was pretty happy when I found it on PPS because i love watching ANTM for some reason. I'm on cycle 13 at the moment. Gotta catch up with the other cycles after that.

My next obsession is... eating avocadoes! I got so crazy about avocadoes...I have avocado salads all the time and add avocado to my meals. It's fattening...which is why I did my research on the net and found out that my maximum intake is half an avocado a day. Well, I've to exclude some other fat sources of course since it's pretty fattening. I had this misconception that avocado is high in cholesterol and bad for you. However, it is soooo delicious I can't resist the buttery texture. So, I did my research! and found out that it's a healthy fruit, which contains lots of nutrients, vitamins and healthy fats, but must be consumed in moderation of course. YUM!!
Look at the creamy green interior...omggggg



"The avocado is known also as the alligator pear, because of its shape and the thick, leather-like appearance of its skin. The avocado is a very versatile fruit in that it can be added to everything from salads, to dips and salsas. There is a common misconception that you shouldn’t eat avocados because of their high fat content. The fat oils in avocados are nature made, unsaturated and unhydrogenerated. In fact, it has been found that the oil of an avocado is one of the most valuable of the unsaturated fatty acids. Of the 30 grams of fat typically found in an average size avocado, 20 of those grams are health promoting monosaturated fats, especially oleic acid. So don’t fear, they are good for you, and yummy too!" - took from a website - i didn't plagiarise!

My next obsession is... making noise in my room. I used to stay with 11 others on the same floor so I didn't dare to blast my instrument. Now i'm staying with 3 others, and on the upper level. Not that sound-proofing is good in the flat, but at least...less noise reach my housemates? haha! I try to play earlier in the evening and play when there's hardly anyone around.

My last obsession is... a seekret =D