Saturday, January 30, 2010

Taiwan 2009 food galore!

All the following food went straight into our stomach and got digested =D

@ Taichung ~
Mashed potato covered with cream cheese and bacon
Huge takoyaki balls with plenty of ingredients inside. yum!
Bread filled with fried noodles. Popular in Japan
Cold squid with mayonnaise. I liked it >.<
The muahchee balls that got mx's stomach so full she got scared of it Our first mango ice shaving in Taiwan!

@ a dimsum restaurant @ somewhere. lolz!
Xiaolongbao that isn't super nice
Cheecheongfun. I like this kind! the wet wet one with fillings
I loved this because there's prawns inside =D

@ a shopping district in Taichung, in one of the recommended restaurants.
Soft egg and cheese toast? i can't remember >.<
This is the rice pudding.
Beef noodles! Omg this was reallly good. I loved the soup

@ Sun-moon lake. I didn't post all the pictures cos not all of them were nice. We ate a lot there though.
Fried yam cake. I love the crisp of the skin.

@ Fishermen's jetty in Danshuei, Taipei
Long ice-cream. Woots!

@ a shopping area in Taipei. We were hungry so we got some crepes.
Savoury crepes with lots of ingredients. This is mine
This is hy's chocolate banana crepes. I think it was nicer than the savoury ones. Anyway, they are not exactly crepes cos the skin is like...pancake skin.

@ a pseudo-japanese restaurant near our hotel
Tofu with bonito flakes
Yakisoba. Doesn't look like right! it looks like some chinese chow-mien with udon.
Doesn't look appealing but the fish slices were thick and fresh
Cheena/taiwanese omurice! Quite oily. haha! Those food satisfied our hunger for the night.

@ Shilin Night market

Giant sausages! I didn't eat my Taiwan sausage there so I just had the bigger version.

Spring onions wrapped with pork. The onions' taste was too strong for my liking.

The shilin chicken cutlet. The infamous one! lol...Mango shavings. Do i need to explain more? Yum!!

@ a food court near Taipei 101
Huge hotplate with plenty of ingredients. Looks really yum!

@ Jiufen

Stall owner's photowhoring. These are just 1% of all the photos in her shop.
The meatballs sold in the shop. They taste really good. Worth a try!
a coffee cafe. I loved the coffee! their coffee had jelly inside. These are just the cakes on display which i was tempted to try as well.

@ toilet bowl restaurant in ximending
the menu was omg!! hu-lu-lu xi bian (watery stools). omg i couldn't stop laughing while reading it.
Hy's pasta that came in a sink plate.
Mx's curry rice that came in a toilet bowl!
My baked rice that came in a bathtub. Not that bad >.<
Fried nuggets that came in a squat-toilet. ROFL!
Ice-cream that came in squat toilets with the shape of shyt. rofl!

@ Wakaru in Taipei
My ramen set. It was huge but i managed to finish the protein parts. haha! The soup tasted a bit weird but still alright. I preferred the soup base at Ajisen.
Hy's Katsu set i think. Looks yum as well!