Thursday, May 31, 2007

I had a real busy day today. Let me state that i'm not an octopus. Don't expect me to multi-task with only 2 hands.
Fabian was there to repair the computers. The computers have been giving me a whole lot of trouble and irritation. Thanks to the router that directed viruses from the customers' comps over to the counter comps. Fabian did a real lot to isolate the counter comps. I've got plenty of pandas and trojan horses popping out occasionally, supposedly to give me a surprise (and a hard time). The day went rather smoothly. Other than occasional network breaks (because i kicked the modem), there weren't much problem.
First thing in the morning, the game IC was sick and took MC. Ok thanks...so only 2 were left to tend the entire shop. What's more? There's supposedly an interview held today. I was picking calls non-stop and i couldn't really leave the counter. Plus, i had an urge to answer nature's call. NO ONE was around to substitute me. Oh wow.... 200+ boxes worth of goods were taken care of by temporary part-timers so i didn't really have to worry. I just stood at the counter area while peiching did the commanding and stuffs. Both of us were extremely lethargic at the end of the day.
Something tells me that i don't really like picking phonecalls for interviews here.
Firstly, people ask a lot.
Secondly, some don't think about what they wanna ask before calling. I ended up waiting for them to think of a question to ask while they prolonged the silence.
Thirdly, they speak really slowly and i'm really one who can't stand that type of speech speed (i wonder i got along with mx?)
Fourth, they don't listen to what you say (are you the one interviewed or am i?)
Fifth, they ask some questions which don't make sense
I shall quote an example which remains vivid in my mind....
"hello? can i ask you something? can i wear shorts down for the interview?"
"what do you think?"
"can u help me ask the boss whether i can wear shorts down to the interview? the weather's really hot..."
"can you please wear long pants?"
"can i don't wear? can you help me ask the boss? the weather's really hot!"
"please wear long pants."
"then can i wear t-shirts?"
"please wear at least a polo T-shirt or something decent"
"polo T???? the weather's extremely hot and u want me to wear a polo-T?"
"excuse me sir...on a personal note... do you want to wear something that'll give the boss a bad impression of you?"
"oh whatever..."
I was really amazed by the type of question that person asked. It's not a school interview. It's a job interview.

Anyway....halfway throughout the day, the boss ended up selling games because there was no game IC. hahaha.... danny was grabbed from vivo back to amk. Finally, the 3 of us reunited in amk...but we were kept busy. I was rather pekchek answering those calls...(and they came non-stop), and i had to do product information, collect money for books, scan stuffs....all simultaneously... oh wow...i felt as if i was an octopus.

At the end of the day...i tendered my resignation! the lady boss refused to take... i told her i was just shifting my resignation only slightly earlier but she refused to accept...The lady boss referred me to the boss. It felt as if i was asking my mum for permission to go out and she directed me to my dad for permission. The next moment, i just passed her my resignation letter (i gave her a month's notice). she passed it to her baby... =.="' i don't care la...i'm leaving on 30th june... =)

I went out for supper with peiching and danny...i like listening to them chat. I get to hear plenty of gossips plus their personal love lives... lol...

When i reached home, i found out that i received the reply from PSC after the interview. I was rejected by them anyway... and directed somewhere else. I don't dare to assume much from the short letter, so i've decided to wait longer for further details before thinking further about my future.