Monday, August 28, 2006

Do i consider jc life redundant?
I had a short little conversation with bun just now. When i revealed to him the course i aspire to take, he was rather "shocked" or in his words, "stunned". Then he asked me why i did not choose to apply to NYP 2 years ago and wasted 2 years of my life. The subjects I take in JC may or may not prove useful in helping me understand what i will be learning. Well, the grades i get may prove my academic level among the rest, but will the knowledge i gained help me through my learning process?
This conversation triggered a train of thoughts. Wouldn't secondary school be redundant too? The things we learnt in secondary school are considered basic when compared to what we are learning in JC. Did the knowledge i gained then help me understand advanced concepts? Not really or to a small extent. At times, teachers tell us, "what you've learnt in secondary school is too simple and would not be applicable for advanced questions" We have to start learning a whole lot of concepts again. Wouldn't it be better if we went directly into the difficult concepts since secondary school? Then we would not have to struggle trying to understand content which we've never touched before in a short span on 2 years.
On the other hand, imagine the amount of stress that we have to handle at that tender age just trying to understand certain theories or logics in order to score well. Our brains may not have developed fully for us to comprehend those concepts.
I'm contradicting myself. Was going a jc a right choice? Perhaps jc serves as a stepping stone on my way to university. It gives me extra time to consider what paths i may be taking. This period of time allows me discover and analyse the paths most suitable for me. I guess, the reason why i went to JC is because i haven't decided on what roads to take when i was in sec 4. Perhaps, the other reason is because it's the "common way" to walk. although the thought of going poly after sec4 such that i could step into society early has crossed my mind, i didn't think further.
I enjoyed my jc life though. I met lots of nice people. My classmates, my teachers, my cca mates and other friends. I don't regret entering jc.

sometimes i feel that they are just not concerned enough. Sometimes i feel that they are overly concerned. Sometimes i feel irritated at them for interrupting my chain of thoughts. Sometimes i feel lonely because they are not concerned about what i'm thinking. i'm a person full of contradictions.