Sunday, August 27, 2006

Decision-making is such a difficult process! How many decisions must we make on average a day? Hundreds. The decisions we make each day may be significant or insignificant, depending on how much they affect our future or lives.
Each day, my dad has to decide what my family will be having for breakfast the next day. He has to consider various factors. Firstly, the price of bread. In addition, our personal preferences, the nutritional value of that flavour of bread and quantity affect the decisions he makes. It's only a simple act of buying bread, but it incorporates decision-making.
Other not-so-significant decisions we make daily includes whether to turn left or right when we are at a road junction, which road to take such that i'd require the least time to reach my destination and so on.
Significant decisions we make include which universities to apply to, which courses we might be taking and the list goes on. They are significant because they affect the next few years of our lives, or on a greater scale, our future. They require serious thinking and more analysis as compared to those not-so-significant decisions due to the greater impact they have. A wrong decision made can either affect our lives drastically or we could run away from the consequences depending on luck.
Thinking about this... I believe that every decision i make every second leads me to a different path of life. I believe that an act i decided to perform at a point of time affects the path i'll be taking in the next few seconds or even my entire life! Seems illogical...
Well, knowing how difficult it is to make a decision, i've tried to reduce my pa's responsibility to decide on my meals he's in charge of buying home. Each time he asks for my choice of dinner, i'll readily give him my reply, such that he could make one less decision.
The act of saying "anything" may simply imply that one's not choosy or picky, but it intensifies the burden the other party is carrying.
Hopefully, this act of mine can help reduce my pa's burden =D

~Maybe i was just hesitating. I should be true to myself but i can't bring myself to. Perhaps i'm one living in self-denial...~