Sunday, October 14, 2007

I shall spend some serious time updating my blog... but this means it'll be stagnant for a while again.

Anyway, i started working! at NHC as an admin assistant. The human resource department is located away from the main building. It's a distance away from the main building. The only way to get from my workplace to the main building is to cross a few roads and walk through the building of forensic science (in simple terms, the mortuary). There's a chance of seeing ppl loading "erhems" on to those mini-vans. My colleague, Serene, who was in charge of bringing me around for orientation didn't really dare to see. That place is slightly creepy lahz. There's 3 levels in the building. The 2nd level is the place where they move the bodies around from the other parts of the hospital.
Anyway, i get to learn the different departments in NHC while working in the human resource department. It's like a shrunk version of a hospital. It's quite complicated actually. However, i get to learn what type of professionals they need while running a hospital. Definitely, SGH is much more complicated.
Anyway, as an admin assistant, my main job scope was to tidy P-files. However, as the rest were not ready yet, thus i was doing other jobs allocated to me by other people. I did the standard things like photocopying things, data-entry, typing out documents, filing and file labels. I also prepared documents for dispatch. My real job started only on friday.
Actually, admin job is boring as rumoured. I used my brain to do one thing, drag the time required for an assignment. I kept making mistakes so that i can re-do. Well, no choice since they don't have things for me to do all the time. Plus, i can't sit and stone there. I don't feel comfortable, neither do the rest.
My colleagues are nice. I sit with the training executives, aishah n menghua. They are quite nice. When i had enquiries, they would explain to me with patience. When aishah found out that i was rather confused with the departments, she gave me a short crash course. I understood the place even better after that. There are others like June, Joyce, Ashley, Chuihan.... They are like big sisters to me. Sometimes i go out for lunch with them. After i started work for some time, i was able to communicate with them on a more casual basis. Chuihan is a knowledgeable person and also very funny. She actually shared quite a bit of information regarding nurses with me. like stories and other stuffs she has seen while she was working in the healthcare area. And of course, she keeps making me laugh. Especially her jokes about my farewell gift. She proposed giving me a rice-cooker and started assigning others to buy other electronics for me to use whie i'm overseas. Hahahaz... I can't bring them over lahz.... June's my supervisor, but she's more like a big sister to me. I can tell her jokes easily and stuffs. So i don't really have the feel of being a subordinate while working with her. There's another temp staff called doreen. She's actually quite old and considered half-retired. I always go out for lunch with her cos the rest are usually busy. I get to talk to her quite often and share certain knowledge, but i feel that maybe i can't click completely with her. Generation gap? hahaz....
Anyway, i'm treated like a little girl there. Cos i'm considered gen Y while the rest are gen X. They found it interesting when i do something which they don't. Well, i'm the youngest there. There's another young one in the department nex door called Fahan. I love his location. He's like in a hidden place in the level where no one can see what he's doing. Complete privacy. I wish i was in that seat... so i wun have too much reservations about switching on music slightly louder (no mp3s allowed). Sometimes when i visit the restroom, i'll take the chance to find him to talk... hahaz... apparently, both of us are bored =.= The rest are trying to sabotage the 2 of us into representing the departments in the upcoming fitness week. omg... i dun wanna run up n down the stairs. But i feel like entering the rope skipping competition. HAhahaz....
Work is tiring....cos it requires a lot of mental energy...
Work + tuition = hectic. ok lahz...there are many others who survived. but still tiring. Anyway, my tuition sessions are all during the weekends. So...weekends i can't really do much. I really forgot a lot of things i learnt sia.... must re-mug everything.

Ok....i went out a while ago with the rest of the CO ppl for dinner. We went marina square's spageddies (however u spell it). The food there is horribly ex for a stingy person like me. no choice but to choose the cheapest, meatball spaghetti. The meatballs are astonishingly big, and a bit disgusting when placed on the spaghetti (cos there were only 2 of them). The rest were like laughing at it. Luckily yingying was also the victim of embarrassment. We spent a lot of our time talking during dinner. I was like...super slow cos i kept talking. At my table were liqin, yingying and delin. jiankai joined later. I was like, the last person to finish. sian... we were sharing about each others' sch lives and my worklife, while the guys were sharing their nslife. Then we went to esplanade's rooftop to continue chatting. Actually, there were many moments of silence. Just that, luckily a few of us took the effort to continue talking despite the silence, however in small groups. Defeats the purpose of the gathering but well, no choice. I was practically running to the toilet again n again because i drank too much water during dinner. The waiters were filling up my cup of plain water again n again. So i juz kept dranking to keep myself occupied.
After that was going home.
Actually, i hate it when ppl ask, "how are u going home?" ok, when ppl ask that, i noe it's primarily to find company to go home. And i knew that i'll definitely be going off alone (after outings). Well, not once, but most of the time. This is my fate lah....for living in sengkang and choosing hwachong. I didn't regret going hwachong, but i feel a sense of loneliness. Well, i'm not the only one experiencing that lahz...oh well... The sad thing was, other girls had guys to accompany them home for most of the way home. I had to go alone. you know....bei1 ai1... but i can't help it. This is why i always have my mp3 player or a manga to entertain me. Though delin suggested that i could take bus home with the rest gg to amk n potongpasir, i thought it was meaningless to spend extra time n money to go off with ppl. Even though i go home on NEL everyday alone, this time, it felt different (like every post-outing). Not that i'm yearning for someone to send me home (impossible de lahz)... but it's a feeling which is inevitable.
While i was halfway on my way home, delin n jiankai asked (sms) whether i reached home already, as if worried or concerned about my safety because it was relatively late. Oh well, I've reached home safely =) Thanks! and ya...i replied them. So nice n sweet of them...First time in my life...

~experiencing a state of confusion again! oh no... i hope i get over it soon and move on...~