Monday, September 3, 2007

i had spent 2 consecutive nights being sandwiched in the crowd at suntec city. Thanks to the famous COMEX fair... I think IT fairs attract more people than any other fairs held in singapore? i dun think food fair gets that fair share of crowd. It seems like, IT fairs are held regularly (once every few months) but it still attracts a similar size of crowd or an ever-growing size of crowd. Is it cos the prices of the technologies drop during each fair? Or is it that people are renewing their IT products monthly (that's rich...) ? I guess, it's the spending crowd that alternates between the IT fairs.

Saturday at city hall is like...expected... Shoppers, comex-goers.... We (fel, jaey n I) have to squeeze through plenty of people... we had our dinner at burgerking at suntec before going to comex. By the time we reached comex, it's like...8pm lol... (comex closes at 9) We had the time to browse around a few brands (fujitsu, toshiba, canon, and apple) and we had to leave already.

Today, i went with my pa n ma. City hall is not that crowded probably cos it's in the afternoon (and monday is a work-day). We went to comex straight. The crowd, as expected, is THERE. Escalators are loaded, corridors are congested... We went straight to the Fujitsu area. I had a hard time contemplating between A6030 and S7111. Guess what? they were even placed next to each other... I had decided on S7111 initially but somehow, the sales tactics got hold of me. In the end, i spent like 30mins thinking which one to get (and bargaining for more free gifts). in the end, the decision was between "big" or "small" notebook. that's the most sian decision but also the most crucial. After weighing the needs and the wants... or whatever... I decided not to procrastinate anymore. I made a sacrifice for a cheaper laptop, the A6030. It's heavier, so this means i needa spend more energy lugging it around. It's 0.5kg heavier. When i was set, the salesmen told me there was no more stock. Therefore, i had to head down to simlim square to get my notebook along with those stuffs i bargained for. Apparently, the price is set (no more bargain space). Thus, i could only ask for more freebies. ahhhhh.... I have to spend time going down to simlim =.=
After shopping for my notebook, i went shopping with my parents at marina square. I bought quite a few tops and a bottom at Ezine. My mum bought a few too. We spent a HUGE sum of money. My dad finally bought his first young-looking shirt there... and i got a cheap jacket at samuel n kevin. hmmmz... we spent thousands in total todae...
i still lacked a few accesories. I still need a laptop lock, headphones with mic, maybe an amplifier with speakers? USB external port, dvd-rws, and one more webcam ( i got my free webcam and 1GB memorystick from fujitsu). Lol... that seems a lot... and OH! a ventilator/laptop stand to protect my notebook...that'll amount to about 3k =.= that's a lot...i think i needa cut down on some...

Anyway