Monday, August 27, 2007

Yesterday's prop session went well... There was supposed to be 7 people around (including those i roped in) but due to personal reasons, only 4 turned up. Peiyueng and I started at around 1plus. xuetying and vivian came later. Since i got most of the props' materials ready, we could start on some. However, as we made more, we realised we were short of materials. Hence, we got xuetying to get them for us. Some of the props look really nice due to the colour combination. Luckily my house was near a shopping centre. We had the convenience of rushing down to get materials and continuing with our props making. The interesting part was the ppt slides production. We altered website contents (even though that may be illegal). I don't think they'll sue us for that? The cool part was the photoshopping part. Peiyueng seems really experienced at that. We were supposed to meet up on sunday, but since we were almost done, we decided to cancel the meeting.

Today, it's Melvin's birthday. We celebrated his birthday at his house. I could still remember last year, i didn't attend his party because i was busy mugging for prelims. One year passed really quickly and so many things happened. Family gatherings are like that... We get plenty of nice food and I'll always gorge myself on those food. Zhen was busy with those chicken wings and she didn't eat! I was shocked... She's always the first to rush to those food. After a while, the usual Zhen returned... hahaz... She stuffed herself with at least 4 slickes of cake and chocolate accompanied with the cake! Lol... Not forgetting, marshmallows, satay, otah and whatever food you can find on the table.
Laoyi was telling me about the photos she used to take of me. I think, when i'm young, i'm a huge POSER. I love posing with innocent looks. You know... hands cupped round your face...standing with hands on your waist... Those photos were taken when i was 2 years old, according to her. She wanted to pass those photos to me on that day. I think i owe it to her when i was young. She took care of me when i was 1year plus old to 3years plus old. She used to feed me lots of food, especially roti prata, fishball noodles... hahaz... I think that explains why i've always liked eating... Since my dad likes to take photos, there are like, tons of photoalbums with photos of me posing. He even enlarged a pic of me when i was young. That pic used to be hung up on one of the walls at my kindergarten school. I felt paiseh whenever i see it up...
I had a talk with eelin later. She's like the "me" one year ago, just that she's less mug than me. Apparently, she seemed distracted during dinner. I think she's bothered by all the studying and exams as well as what she may do in the future. At this point of time last year, I had an idea that i wanted to do nursing already. I still remembered arguing with my dad over this. I was especially motivated to study really hard to get into nursing in NUS. I think getting into the course was what really spurred me to work hard to pursue something i wanted. Eelin is still thinking currently. She hasn't figured out exactly what she wanted. She had a vague idea of becoming a policewoman. Though not realistic for her and more realistic for Zhen, i would encourage her if she really wanted it.

Perhaps for people like us, deciding what we are doing depends partly on our interests. Well, for our parents' generation, it may seem like a bad thing. It may seem as if we are unrealistic and we didn't really think about our future in monetary terms. However, if we really want to persist in a certain profession, i think interest or passion plays a part. If you like something, perhaps overcoming obstacles would become easier for us since we have a fixed target. Anyway, it's not like we don't think about money either...

Hanakimijapan epi8 has been released! Sano has been more active keeping himself BUSY around Mizuki. Hahaz... this is getting good...